Thursday, March 10, 2011

Social Networking Sites

My impression of Facebook is that it is a very clean and organized site. It is always going through new changes to try to make features easier to use such as posting your status and looking at pictures. I have been using Facebook for about 5 years and I don't remember much about how it looked like back then but I think people tend to dislike changes at first but they adapt to it. Facebook is hands down the most popular social networking site around.

My first impressions of Twitter was that it was dumb. I didn't see the need of people constantly updating what they were doing. But once in a while I would check the site and realized that celebrities use Twitter and you could see what they were doing. Twitter is also great to get up to the minute news because a lot of news get tweeted by people right as they see or encounter it. It also uses a shade of blue for its color choice just like Facebook. I feel Twitter is a little more confusing to use because of the Trending Topics and the idea of Retweeting. You are also limited to 140 characters so you have to choose your words wisely.

I havent visited MySpace in a long time and I just checked it out right now. It is MUCH different than the last time I visited. I didn't even recognize it at first because the main page was so clogged up with popular videos and such. It seemed that everyone who used to use MySpace moved to Facebook and MySpace revamped their site trying to attract a new audience.

I've never been to LinkedIn and felt this was a great opportunity to go and make an account. You immediately feel the professionalism that the site is geared towards. It took a little while to make the account, I don't know if it was my internet connection or the way the site works but it took a while to verify some of the information. The site is great for professionals to showcase their skills and is an asset for people in the workforce.

No comments:

Post a Comment