Thursday, April 7, 2011

About My Term Research Paper

For my term paper, I wrote about Ebay and how it effects society as a new media. I did my research using Google, Ebay's site and using Baruch's library databases. I found a lot of useful information just looking through eBay and through experience. I actually learned a lot about the eBay's new media aspects such as eBay Neighborhoods, their discussion forums and other features that I didn't know exist. I chose this topic because I use eBay often, both to sell goods and buy stuff and I felt I had a vast knowledge of it but there were a lot more information that I learned from this experience. Many people look at eBay as just a commerce site where people bid for items they want to buy but they actually incorporate a lot of new media aspects that promote communication, community, creativity, convergence and collaboration. It is not obvious but it does take some thinking and recognition to identify how it relates to new media. Overall, I felt this was a great experience to learn more about eBay and what it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment